Saturday, March 5, 2011

ronnycakes reviews: Spicy Pan Mee at Face to Face, Damansara Uptown

I love spicy food so much that I could eat it two meals out of three a day (not for breakfast also la, that’s just way too hardcore :p) so I get kinda excited about spicy pan mee. :D
I’m sure everyone’s heard of the very famous Kin Kin Pan Mee in KL, which apparently is amazing, but sadly I haven’t tried that one yet. Hopefully someone will be able to take me soon! :)

P1020126

Face to Face Pan Mee is located in Damansara Uptown, along the row of shoplots that face the LDP highway. It’s a small clean and brightly-lit shop with air-conditioning on the inside and ceiling fans on the outside for patrons to keep cool. Not only do they serve spicy pan mee, they also have a variety of other stuff such as Sarawak Mee, Sizzling Pan Mee, or Soup Pan Mee.

P1020136
Traditional Sarawak Noodles, RM5.60.

P1020142
The star of the show! House Specialty Hot and Spicy Pan Mee (RM5.60).
Because I’ve only tried ONE other spicy pan mee, I’ll make my comparison based on that one. :P
Unlike the Spicy Pan Mee at SS2 (the one behind Chow Yang), this one had a bit more sauce while the SS2 one was quite dry. However, the chili flakes at Face to Face was comparatively blander than the one at SS2, and I had to add quite a substantial amount to taste the spice.
All in all, it was definitely flavorful and I enjoyed it very much as there was a generous amount of ikan bilis which I absolutely adore. :p

P1020148
With all the ingredients mixed together.

P1020145
Can’t say the same for the Black Pepper Pork Chop Sizzling Pan Mee (RM 8.90) though.
Was incredibly disappointed by this one as it looked so good in the menu!! Pictures on the menu are soo misleading. :( Firstly, it was quite obvious that the noodles were NOT pan mee even though the waiter tried to tell us “it just looks like that because it’s deep fried”. It was so obviously yee mee. FAIL #1.
Secondly, the black pepper sauce was so overpowering that after two bites, you couldn’t feel your tongue anymore. FAIL #2. Lastly, the portion was tiny. FAIL #3. Stay away from this at all accounts.

Although the stupid sizzling noodles was horrible, the pan mee left a good impression on me. Do check this place out if you’re in the mood for spicy pan mee as prices are reasonable and food is not bad!
Parking can ALSO be a bitch here (sadly I say this in so many of my posts, please have more parking spots for us hungry people!!) so expect to double park.

Address
68-G JALAN SS21/62
DAMANSARA UTAMA (UPTOWN)
PETALING JAYA

2 comments:

Baby Sumo said...

I like the spicy pan mee here too! :)

Sharon said...

Same here! :)
Will definitely go for seconds soon!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com

Edits by ronnycakes