Monday, January 21, 2013

ronnycakes reviews: Carnation Cafe, Disneyland Park, Anaheim

Once again, it seems like we’ve left our blog lying under a thin layer of dust, especially after we took a long break after coming back from our holiday in the States (!!), and especially after getting over that severe jet lag that I was feeling. It’s been 10 years since my last plane trip and I’ve never travelled further than South East Asia before, so the long-haul flight and 16 hour time difference was especially hard on me. The first few days I looked absolutely horrifying in photos because I was so god darned tired. XD

Anywayyyyy, I only have one word to summarize our trip: FUN! :D
Especially Disneyland... gosh, it’s like my idea of heaven. I know, I know, I sound like an absolute child. But really, I had such great time. The rides were awesome, the “cast members” were ultra polite, and everything was super whimsy and vintage and old-school Mickey.

Food there was pretty expensive though, but on our last night at Disneyland Park, Wils and I decided to splurge and have a meal at one of the park restaurants, and we went for Carnation Cafe which has made a name for itself for serving honest American fare at prices that are not too cut-throat (for American standards that is).

P1210815
I had a Warm Spinach Salad with Grilled Chicken (USD14.99), Grilled Chicken, Spinach, Boiled Eggs, Sauteed Shiitake Mushrooms, and Pickled Onions tossed with Warm Pancetta-Mustard Seed Vinaigrette.
One thing good about the USA is that all portions are at least twice the size of the ones you get here in KL. Salads over here would hardly be enough for a snack let alone a meal. So anyway, this warm spinach salad was one of the best salads I had over there... it was such a change from the generic romaine lettuce, and the dressing was tangy and savoury.

P1210811

P1210823

P1210818-2 P1210821-2
Wils had his Main Street Cheeseburger (USD11.99): Angus Chuck Patty, Tillamook Cheddar, Tomato, Red Onion, Lettuce and House Sauce on Toasted Brioche. He told me it was one of the best burgers he had (or maybe we were just super hungry haha).

P1210805

I still miss that salad.

 P1210298
 

P1210169 

P1210178 

P1210284 P1210306
 P1220187 P1210285

P1220124

P1210622

I miss Disneyland even more. :(

Address:
Carnation Cafe
Disneyland Park
Main Street USA
Anaheim, CA 92802

Map *here*

gf1banner

2 comments:

Sycookies said...

Oh my goodness!!!DISNEY!!!!!! I love donald!!! But there is always a lot of people...this one looks even more packed.

Wils said...

haha you got that right. not surprised with the crowd since this was the original Disneyland of Disneylands ;) you'd absolutely love it there

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com

Edits by ronnycakes