Wednesday, November 28, 2012

ronnycakes reviews: Barn BBQ, Bangsar Village

Today when I opened up this blog to take a look at it, I swear I saw some dust blow off my keyboard. It has been that long since we updated this space, and been quite a long while since we’ve actually stepped out of the house to actively seek for new eateries *hangs head in shame*. I’ve recently been bitten by the baking bug and spend almost every weekend at home dressed in oversized shirts and shorts (like a true housewife-in-training) baking up a storm. Soon I’ll share my results and these recipes on this blog too! :D

I think I’ve found my new favourite place for value-for-money gourmet sausages. Barn BBQ is a deli and grilled meats restaurant that is right next to Ben’s General Food Store in BV, and brings with it some deli items that are similar to those at BGFS but a wider variety. On the opposite side of the deli is a fridge chock full of sausages, steaks, lamb shanks that are grilled fresh to order.

P1200225 P1200231

P1200249

P1200251
A butcher-style scale for all the butcher meats you’re going to be devouring.

P1200233
Yum yum roasted potatoes to go with the rich meats.

P1200237
Corn on the cob.

P1200315

P1200252
A variety of imported spreads and sauces are also available at Barn BBQ (ala stuff you get in B.I.G).

P1200240

P1200290 P1200308
Steaming hot Jacket Potatoes with sour cream, bacon bits and chives.

P1200181

P1200191
Wils was feeling gluttonous so he ordered us a Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl which was run of the mill, but comfortable to have on a rainy night.

P1200297
Beef Lasagne, and we were given a huge portion. Wils could barely finish it!

P1200302

P1200172
For those who love good solid meaty food, the Black Angus Striploin (RM25 per 100g) is done perfectly by Barn BBQ. Even for someone who doesn’t eat beef (yours truly – a sacrilege I know), I found myself cutting more than one piece just because it tasted delicious.

P1200180
The steak came with a side of mashed potato, salad and black pepper sauce (you can choose from a range of sauces on the menu).

P1200168

P1200164
On to the sausages! The first time I went, I had the Chicken Cheese Krainer and Dynamite Chicken. Barn BBQ serves their sausages by grams, and all varieties of sausages on the menu (be it lamb, beef, chicken) are priced at RM8 per 100g. Minimum order is 200g, and 200g roughly gives you about 4 sausages take or leave a few grams.
The star of the show for me was definitely the Chicken Dynamite, which I found deliciously spicy and flavorful and grilled to perfection. The Chicken Cheese Krainer was good too, but not so good that I would make it a must-have.

P1200162
All sausages come with a side of salad.

 P1200267
Wils also tried the Spicy Lamb Sausage which he also had nothing but praise for.

P1200306 P1200271

Barn BBQ is fast becoming one of our go-to places when we’re in the mood for something heavy and meaty. My personal recommendation would be to try the sausages (especially the Chicken Dynamite one) but stay away from the more generic chicken sausages as they tend to be average (downsides of not eating beef or lamb). A 3rd return trip is definitely on the cards to try their burgers and more of their deli items.

P1200250

Address:
Barn BBQ
G17 & 18, Ground Floor,
Bangsar Village 1,
No. 1, Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar Baru
59100 Kuala Lumpur

Map *here*

gf1banner

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com

Edits by ronnycakes