Thursday, August 30, 2012

ronnycakes reviews: Ramen Taiko, Mon’t Kiara Shoplex

It’s been a while since I’ve last reviewed a ramen place, and this one has been sitting in my files for quite some time. Having lived in Mon’t Kiara for more than 10 years, there are still some places that have been around for a long time which I still haven’t tried, and one of these is Ramen Taiko. Located in a rather quiet corner inside Mon’t Kiara Shoplex (for those that are unfamiliar with the names, Mon’t Kiara Shoplex is where Baskin Robbins and Las Vacas is located), Ramen Taiko specializes mostly in ramen but offers a variety of other Japanese dishes as well.

P1150960

P1150972
I had the Hakata Tonkotsu Ramen Set (RM19.80++) which came with free flow tea and 3 pcs of gyoza. Whilst no ramen will ever beat Santouka in my books, Ramen Taiko’s serving was pleasantly tasty, with a soup that was rich, milky and savoury from the pork bone broth. Definitely something I would recommend.

P1150976
Favourite candy egg! Eggs in both noodles were nicely done.

P1150969
Mum had the Tokyo Shoyu Ramen Set (RM16.90++) which was a soy-based soup. It’s less rich than the tonkotsu soup base and would be perfect for those who prefer their ramen on the lighter side.

P1150977
Gyoza was done nicely, pan-fried to perfection and the filling was juicy on the inside. While it was delicious, it still couldn’t beat Matsuba’s gyoza which is one of the best I’ve ever tried.

P1150982

All in all, Ramen Taiko is perfect for a ramen fix on working weekdays, or if I’m being too lazy to venture out of Mon’t Kiara. On my list of tastiest ramens, I think Ramen Taiko can take the 3rd or 4th spot. Do note, prices are a bit steep if you don’t order a set lunch, and set lunches change every month.

Address:
5-0-2B,
Mont Kiara Shoplex,
Jalan Kiara, KL  50480

Map *here*

gf1banner

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com

Edits by ronnycakes