Thursday, April 28, 2011

Clarissane reviews: Hawker Delights @ Restaurant Shangri La, Damansara Heights

Whenever my friends and I need a quick when we’re feeling broke lunch fix after classes, we usually always head down here for their variety of hawker food served. Like most hawker joints, they have quite a variety of hawker food to choose from.

IMG_2297

The Pork Ball Noodles, RM4.50 here is worth a mention. Ronnycakes swears by this dish.. only having this when she comes. Just the right amount of flavour in the soup, not overly salty or MSG-laden with bouncy pork balls. One of the ‘healthier’ option of hawker food you can find, really.

IMG_2298

We usually have it with vermicelli because it really goes well with the soup and is not overly filling like the usual yellow noodles or kuey teow. Of course, they have these on option.

IMG_2299

I for one am a huge fan of Fish Head Noodles! I always patronise the famous Woo Pin Fish Head Noodle in Taman Desa (which I have yet to blog about but will soon!) and whenever I have this dish anywhere else, I usually set Woo Pin as a benchmark :p

The Fish Head Noodle in this place is also worth eating. At RM5.50 a pop, it is very much cheaper than the one in Woo Pin which goes for RM7. One thing I like about this dish here is the type of vermicelli that comes with it. Here, there is an option of the usual vermicelli or the thicker one which I usually have. The texture is firmer and springier which goes really well with the creamy soup.

IMG_2301

You can opt for the fish paste (if you’re too lazy to take out the bones) or the fried fish meat which I usually have and enjoy licking off the bones :p

IMG_2302

The fried fish has its own flavour once bitten into! Well marinated and crispy.

IMG_2303

Mixed with all the goodness! One of my top favourite hawker food! :)

I reckon it would taste better with more pickles though! They tend to be a bit stingy with the pickles :(

There is also the famous Hong Kee Wantan Noodles here. I however personally think that it’s mediocre and nothing really much to shout about. I’ve only tried it once sometime ago and I was sorely disappointed. It lacked taste and turned out dry and overly oily. This once was enough to put me off and I never ordered it again. Haha. But most tables usually have this so it’s probably personal preference :)

Parking can be quite a headache during peak periods though, so to avoid the crowd, its best to come before 12pm.

Address:
Restoran Shangri La
Jalan Batai,
50490 Damansara Heights,
Kuala Lumpur.
Closed on Sundays.

*map here*

1 comments:

Sharon said...

Lol I agree about the wantan mee! :P

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com

Edits by ronnycakes